All reservists go through a training class where they learn traffic control, squad driving, radio use, and more. We hold classes in the spring and fall and they typically meet Wednesday nights.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Recruiting Officer Direct Line: 612-913-2545
Call or Text any time with any questions. An officer will get back you to within a week.
Requirements for joining the Minneapolis Police Reserve
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- We recommend that you live within the 7 county metro area.
- A valid driver’s license is required to drive squad cars.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
Reasons for rejection of a Police Reserve Application
- Felony Conviction
- Until ten years have passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
- Gross Misdemeanor Conviction
- Until five years have passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
- Misdemeanor Conviction
- Until one year has passed since the expiration of any sentence and/or probation and any fines/court costs have been paid.
- Controlled Substance Conviction
- Criminal Sexual Misconduct Conviction
- Theft Conviction
- Candidate is listed as a defendant or suspect in any pending/active criminal cases or has an outstanding warrant and/or is considered to be a fugitive from justice.
- Documented patterns of misconduct and/or disregard for legal authority.
- Candidate makes false statement(s) and/or attempts to practice deception, fraud or intentionally omits relevant information.
- Candidate is listed as a “Respondent” of a current Restraining or Harassment Order for Protection.
- Any DWI within the past 5 years